March 31- April 2 at Nalandabodhi Halifax
- Friday, March 31, 7:30-9:00 pm
- Saturday, April 1, 9:30-12:00 am and 2:00-5:00 pm
- Sunday, April 2, 10:00-12:00 am – Sitting Meditation
Location: Nalandabodhi Halifax, 6218 Quinpool Road (above Trinity Jewelers)
Cost: $75.00 (plus service charges of $6.79). Go to Ticket Halifax* to register:
Meditation was the core practice presented by Chögyam Trungpa, the great Buddhist teacher and author who established the Shambhala community in Nova Scotia and around the world. In this program, you’ll learn meditation as he taught it, and we’ll also examine some of the key ideas presented by Chögyam Trungpa and how they apply to solving problems in our lives and addressing the chaos and confusion of this time. We’ll discuss:
- What is meditation and how can we bring the insight of meditation into our daily lives?
- What are the three aspects of materialism and how can we work with them?
- How can we smile at fear?
- What is the role of chaos and mishaps in waking us up?
- How can we be both brave and vulnerable in this world?
- Chögyam Trungpa’s extraordinary life.
- How he came to Nova Scotia.
- What is his lasting impact here?
Carolyn Gimian is the Director of the Chögyam Trungpa Legacy Project. She has edited many of Chögyam Trungpa’s best-known books, including Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior and Smile at Fear: Awakening the True Heart of Bravery. She is also the editor of ten volumes of THE COLLECTED WORKS OF CHÖGYAM TRUNGPA. She has lived in Halifax for more than thirty years.
May 5-7 2017, Ponlop Rinpoche Teaches in Montreal
Nalandabodhi Montreal is very pleased to host the Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche for his only public appearance in the North East this year. He will give 4 talks on the following topic: “Seizing Every Opportunity: Being Awake with Living, Dying and Everything In-Between”, This program will be held in Montréal from May 5 to May 7, 2017, at Hotel Marriott Courtyard Montréal Centre-Ville, located in the Quartier des spectacles district, at 380 René-Lévesque Blvd. West.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT WITH PAYPAL
To register, please visit the Montreal Nalandabodhi website by clicking here(montreal.nalandabodhi.ca).
For detailed information, including the schedule, information about alternative mode of payment available (including prices free of fees), lodging, what to bring, etc., please click here.